Jesus Christ, Our Lord, has granted enormous graces to the devotees of his Holy Face. Uprooted in the daily life of the Church, already mystics as St. Gertrude and St. Mechtildis, knew and disclosed such pious means of sanctification. Venerable Sister María of San Pedro obtained, by the force of the visions and revelations that the Redeemer gave to her, who His Holiness Pious XII, moved by the heavenly graces, established the universal celebration of the Holy Face Tuesday before Ash Wednesday.
The golden path to grow quickly in the love of God was the favorite devotion and the one that with greater charity St. Theresa of the Child Jesus for the Holy Face. For the saint from Lisieux, enormous graces granted through this devotion are not but the fulfillment of the promises given by Our Lord to St. Gertrude and St. Mechtildis in the past.
"The healthy adoration to the Holy Face is a divine work, destined to save the modern society", will later affirm to His Holiness Pious IX at the request of the venerable Sister María of San Pedro. O.C.D., Carmelite like the Saint of the small souls.
Our Lord said to this nun: "Whoever gazes at my Face is already consoling me"
Amongst the promises made by the Sweet Redeemer to such great saints and to the Carmelite of Tours, that were given by the Redentor Candy to so enormous saints and the Carmelite one of Tours, are the following:
1. I will grant such perfect contrition to them that their sins will turn to precious gold upon My gaze. According to the care which they must take to repair my Face disfigured by the blasphemous, the same one I will have of theirs which has been disfigured by sin, transforming them as when they finished receiving the waters of the Baptism.
2. None of those people will ever be separated from Me.
3. Offering My Face to My Father, they will calm His anger and they will buy with celestial currency the pardon for the sinners. By this offering, nothing will be denied to them.
4. I will plead before My Father to grant all the requests that are requested from me. By My holy Face, they will work wonders.
5. I will illuminate them with My Light. I will consume them with My Love and I will make them fruitful of good works.
6. They will cry, like the pious Verónica, for My adorable Face, tarnished by sin, and I will imprint My divine features in their souls.
7. By resemblance of My Face, they will shine more than others in the eternal life and the brightness of My Face will fill them with joy.
8. All those that defend this cause of reparation, by words, by prayers or in writing, will also receive defense in their causes in front of God Father at the time of their death. I will wipe the face of their souls, wiping out the spots of sin and giving back their original beauty to them.
"THE GOLDEN ARROW"
An act of praise and reparation dictated by Our Lord to sister María of San Pedro.
Our Lord said to her: "This gold arrow will jab My Heart delightfully, and will heal the wounds caused by blasphemies."
"That the most holy, more sacred, more adorable, more incomprehensible and indescribable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified, in Heaven, on Earth and under the Earth, by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. Amen ".
OH LORD Jesus Christ, when we gaze at Your adorable Face to ask You most needed graces, we plead with You, that above all, You grant us that we may never fail to do as you request us under your commandments and divine inspirations. Amen.
OH KIND Jesus, who have said: "Ask and you will receive, search and you will find, knock and it will be opened," grant us, Oh Lord, that faith that obtains everything which we lack; give us, through the pure effect of Your charity and of Your eternal glory, the necessary graces that we need and which we seek in Your infinite mercy. Amen.
BE MERCIFUL with us, Oh my God and do not reject our prayers, when in the midst of our afflictions, we address Your Holy Name and seek with love and confidence Your adorable Face. Amen.
OH ALMIGHTY AND ETERNAL GOD, watch the Face of Your Son Jesus. We present it to You with confidence, to implore Your pardon. The Merciful Defender speaks on our behalf, heed his tears, weeping, Oh God, and through his infinite merits, listen to Him when He intercedes for us poor miserable sinners. Amen.
ADORABLE Face of my Jesus, my only love, my light and my life, allow me to know you, to love, and to serve only You, that I can live With you, of You, and for You. Amen.
ETERNAL Father, to You I offer the adorable Face of Your Beloved Son by the honor and glory of Your Name, for the conversion of the sinners and the salvation of those about to die..
OH DIVINE Jesus, through Your Face and Name, save us. Our hope is in the virtue of Your Holy Name!